Pecan Crusted Pecan Pie



I'm starting off the week with this Pecan Crusted Pecan Pie.  Yes, if you love pecans, you will love this pie.  The reason I use the pecan crust is because my daughter is gluten-intolerant.  She is able to eat this pie with no tummy issues and we love the taste.  The filling is my grandma's recipe.  She loved this time of year and would have been busy in the kitchen making treats too!

Crust Ingredients (one 9-inch crust):
 
2 c. pecans
1 pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
 
  1. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Put nuts in a food processor and pulse until ground.  
  3. Add all other ingredients, pulse until mixed.
  4. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pie plate with the back of a spoon. 

Filling Ingredients:

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. pecans
  1. Stir all ingredients together and pour into crust.  
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
  3. Cool completely before serving.

 








Thanks ~ Nichi

 I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Cheryl. I updated the recipe. You will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use pecans for the crust as well. I wish my Mom were still here so I could make this for her. She was a pecan nut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally not a pecan pie fan but my daughter is and she would love this. Adding a pecan crust would just make her love pecan pie even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea to make the crust with pecans! That's double pecan treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband loved pecan pie. He and his dad used to go and get pecans from Brunswick, Missouri, the Pecan Capital of the World!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's pecans on top of pecans! YUM! We always had pecan pie for dessert during the holidays. I bet the low carb peeps would love this, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate you taking the time, and read every one!