Smore Brownies

One night over the weekend I had a terrible chocolate craving.  Not just any chocolate craving...I NEEDED BROWNIES!!!!  So, at 10:30pm I searched the internet for a brownie recipe that appealed to me.  This is what a found.  It didn't disappoint either.  As my entire family is snug in bed, I baked my had-to-have brownies and devoured a huge piece on my own.  My kids were delighted to find them the next morning waiting for them on the counter.   They are best warm, or warmed up the next day (the marshmallows tend to get a little hard and chewy).  Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix
6 graham crackers
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 c. chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
2.  In a medium bowl, break graham crackers into 1 inch pieces and toss with miniature marshmallows and  chocolate chips. Set mixture aside.
3.  Bake brownies for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and sprinkle the smore goodies evenly over the top. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool before cutting into squares.

Source:  "mooched" and adapted from allrecipes.com

2 comments:

  1. Brownies and marshmallow together = heavenly treats!
    I loooooove marshmallow and don't know anyone who doesn't like chocolate brownies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate you taking the time, and read every one!