Co-hosting Pumpkin Delight Recipe Series

Today I've been invited by Savannah at HammockTracks  to take part in her "Pumpkin Delight Recipe Series".  It is a collection of terrific pumpkin inspired recipes to get you in the mood for fall.  I'm contributing my Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake recipe that many of you have seen before.  I hope you all enjoy this great recipe, visit HammockTracks, and get inspired to try a new fall dish by checking out the other recipes below. 

I'm so glad fall is here.  Anyone else?  Just the thought of pumpkins, leaves changing colors, cooler days, chilly evenings, soups, football on TV, and the smell of cinnamon in the air makes me all giddy.  Living here in the Midwest I get the joy of seeing the changing seasons.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  After such a hot summer I'm ready for a nice cool fall.  This recipe will get you into the mood too.

Now I have to tell you.  This cake went through a lot to get here.  It was completely done and cooling on the stove when I decided to move it to get a better picture.  I grabbed a pot holder and carried it with one hand...big mistake...across the kitchen.  Then it happened, the pan slipped out of my hands and crashed to the floor.  As I looked at it is disbelief I wanted to cry.  Majority of the cake had slid right off the pan and onto the floor.  Thankfully my wonderful hubby was there to keep me from saying too many bad words and clean it up.  I calmly cut some pieces for my two girls who had been waiting so patiently all morning for a taste.  Then I took my blog pictures, got me a glass of milk, and had my own not-so-perfect-slightly-mashed-but-very-tasty piece myself. 

(printable recipe)

Cake Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. milk
1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 c. sour cream
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin

Topping:
1 stick butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Frosting:
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream (start w 1/4 cup and add a little more cream if needed)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a large jelly roll pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand or electric mixer, beating until well combined. Pour onto pan, spreading evenly.

 3. Melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.

4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
5.  Mix powdered sugar and cream until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day.
  And here is a picture of my poor cake after I dropped it onto the floor!!




Source:  "mooched" from www.picky-palate.com

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe....thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely. I can't wait to try it out. I am so glad to have participated in the Pumpkin Delight Series with you. I am going to subscribe so I get notified of your other stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate you taking the time, and read every one!