Guest Post Spectacular - Guest #7 - This Gal Cooks

Hello fellow foodies! I'm Julie from This Gal Cooks. I blog about food! I bet the name didn't give it away, did it? I am excited to be here today on The Mandatory Mooch sharing one of my tasty recipes! Today I will be sharing a cinnamon roll cake recipe that I made a while back. This recipe combines ingredients that result in ooey gooey goodness! You can't go wrong with this cake. In fact, it would be perfect to begin your Christmas morning with. Just double the recipe if you are baking for a large group because this recipe serves 6. I hope you enjoy my recipe!


Ingredients

For the cake mix
  • 1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 C white sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 C milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 C butter, melted
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
  • 1/2 C butter, room temp
  • 1/2 C packed brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
For the Glaze
  • 1 C powdered sugar
  • 2.5 tbsp milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, white sugar, baking powder, milk, egg and vanilla.
  • Stir in the melted butter.
  • In another mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the cinnamon sugar topping.
  • Pour the cake mix into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Drop the cinnamon sugar topping into small drops on the top of the cake. Swirl with a knife.
  • Bake at 350 for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  • While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl.  
  • When the cake is done baking, poke holes into it with a toothpick (I used a large skewer so the holes would be a little bigger than a regular toothpick hole)
  • Pour the glaze over the cake.
  • Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
A little about the cook:
I'm a foodie who loves to cook and bake. I dream of one day owning my own cafe or bake shop. To find out what other tasty recipes I'm cooking, head over to my blog and have a look around. :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious. I am loving all your recipes. I made the quinoa for my husband and he really liked it. It was our first time having quinoa. I need to make your biscuits and gravy next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichi!
    Thanks so much for having me on your blog this week! :) and thank you for the compliment, Rhonda! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate you taking the time, and read every one!