Guest Post Spectacular - Guest #5 - Love Bakes Good Cakes


Hi y'all! I'm Jamie and I blog over at my little space on the web - Love Bakes Good Cakes. Don't let the name fool you - it's more than just cakes! I'm a Christian homeschooling mom with five kiddos. I enjoy trying new recipes and I'm always on the hunt for new ones! My family doesn't mind being guinea pigs for my kitchen experiments. I was thrilled when Nichi asked me if I'd be interested in stopping by to share at her place! Thank you so much, Nichi! :)

I'm not much of a cookie baker - except at Christmas time! I don't know what it is about the season that motivates me to actually want to bake cookies?! I am an equal opportunity cookie eater .... I don't discriminate and I don't have deep seeded trust issues from thinking raisins were chocolate chips .... Soft, chewy, crispy, fluffy, frosted, unfrosted, sprinkled or not - I love 'em all. However, I hate standing over them, waiting and watching .... switching out the batches every so many minutes. I hate to admit, but I don't have the patience. Patience is not one of my virtues. This time of year, it's easier to throw all of that impatience out the window and actually enjoy baking cookies.

When you have cookies as awesome as these Cranberry Orange Christmas Sandies, it's worth waiting and watching. Kids love them ... adults love them. They are very similar to Pecan Sandies - but get kicked up with some fruit and nonpareils. Wouldn't these look great on a Christmas cookie tray?! They are light and buttery, like a sandy should be - with a hint of fruitiness. They make great gifts for neighbors, teachers, co-workers ..... or just keep them all for yourself. No one will judge! ;)


Cranberry Orange Christmas Sandies
Printable recipe
Slightly adapted from BHG
Yield: 36 1-in. cookies
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
White, green and red nonpareils

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. 

In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar. Mix with mixer until well combined, stopping the machine once to scrape the sides. Add vanilla and flour. Mix until well combined. Add the cranberries and orange peel. 

Shape dough into 1-in. balls and roll in nonpareils. Arrange 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Immediately transfer from the pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely.

Note - To keep cookies fresh, store in a covered container. 


I hope you enjoy!

Thank you again for letting me share at Mandatory Mooch, Nichi! 

You can find me blogging at Love Bakes Good Cakes. If you are on social media - you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.


Don't forget to like, share and comment ♥

signature

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate you taking the time, and read every one!