Cake Batter Krispie Treats



Rice Krispie treats have always been a favorite in my house.  Such a great way to have an easy, kid-friendly, gotta-have-something-sweet snack in minutes.  When I heard about adding cake mix to them I had to give it a try.  And everything is better with sprinkles!!  These will put smiles on the faces of your loved ones without a lot of time in the kitchen.

(printable recipe)



Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. butter
1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows
2/3 cup boxed dry yellow or white cake mix
6 cups rice krispie cereal
1/2 cup sprinkles

Directions:
1.  Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2.  In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave.  Add marshmallows and microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted and smooth when stirred.
3.  Stir in the dry cake mix and sprinkles.
4.  Stir in the cereal until it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture. 
5.  Press into pan with a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray.
6.  Cool completely and cut into squares.

Source:  "mooched" from www.sallysbakingaddiction.com 

This recipe is linked up to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!

12 comments:

  1. kid friendly snacks are my cup of tea, and this one looks tasty and it has cereal in it, so win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treat, looks tempting & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I'm hooked on rice krispies and these look even better!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how the common rice krispie treat is being transformed. I love this idea. The perfect share for Foodie Friends Friday. Thank you so much sharing, and don't forget to come back today to vote for your faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love rice krispie treats and this is a great new way to make them. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and glad that you made it to link this up and hope that you join us again this week.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect combination of two flavors I love!

    I would love for you to share these with my readers at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite. I will head over and link up right now. Please be sure to join me for my own linky party Tasty Thursdays. It is open on Wednesday nights. Thanks, Nichi

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a winning combination! Pinning this. Thanks so much for linking up at One Creative Weekend! I hope to see you back on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking up your wonderful Cake Batter Krispie treats recipe to Creative Thursday last week. I can’t wait to see what you link up this week. I wouldn’t be able to do these wonderful parties without your participation. Have a wonderful week.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a featured favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes! Thanks again for sharing! Can't wait to see what you've been up to this week! :)
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate you taking the time, and read every one!