I made this adorable Rapunzel cake for my youngest daughter's 5th birthday party. You can see the step-by-step tutorial on my blog at Rapunzel Cake.
These cakes were for my daughter's 7th birthday party at Monkey Bizness. I found the recipe and directions on Parenting.com. Here are the decorating supplies that I used:
- can chocolate cake frosting for brown
- can of white cake frosting with small amount of orange food coloring to make peach color for mouth area
- top hair = chocolate licorice
- fur = chocolate sprinkles
- eyes = Oreos split in half and topped with chocolate frosting for pupils
- nostrils = chocolate covered almonds
- mouth - red licorice
- ears - chocolate covered donuts
Here is the pattern from Parenting.com that I used to form the side of the faces.
This Elmo cake was for my daughter's 2nd birthday. I used the Wilton Elmo cake pan along with Wilton food coloring for the buttercream icing.
|These Nemo cakes are some of my first attempts ever at decorating. I made them years ago for a joint 1st birthday party with my daughter and nephew. I used the Wilton football cake pan as my base and then decorated around the cake on the platter. The kids loved them!!|